Home
FGG#4,405
 Subscribe in a reader

24 March 2008

Road 1 Class Completion

Just finished the League of American Bicyclists Road I class on Saturday. This was done in preparation for the League Cycling Instructor qualification next weekend. Much of what I'm trying to accomplish with this is speaking with one voice[more on this later].

First look at this! It is the inside of the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective... they even have the test video on their website as well! Who would have thunk?!
Hey, this is only 1/3rd of the shop!!! 6 Work stands with complete sets of tools and truing stands.
There is a plethora of reason to stop at the shop but today I did it for the Road 1 class.
I keep seeing so many many reasons to cycle and even more ways to express awareness and advocacy to others. Yet, even the best information gets muddled very very quickly. After reading and listening to Richard Burke, Chairman, Trek Bicycle. I started to see a definite advantage to consolidating the message. Although Burk just recently passed away [15 march 2008], I believe he has set into motion one of the most powerful bicycling advocacy campaigns - One World, Two Wheels. Regardless of what you may think about Trek bikes they are setting a stage for the "Got Milk" of the transportation industry. It makes sense to me. Just get out there and ride.

Yet, when I encourage/finagle/bribe/coerce... others to 'just ride', I had a deep desire to do it so that they were safe and knew what they were doing. The two seem to go together:Safety and knowledge. Publication after publication became just stats and chatter when compared to my goal and message 'just ride'....every day. Thus, the synonymous voice of the League of American Bicyclist started to have appeal to me while in the past it had not.

I will be posting on this topic again after I compete the LCI cert this coming weekend. Right now I'm ecstatic about visiting the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective Shop again!

No comments: